The following 5 questions are ones you can take with you to teacher conferences to gain information about your child’s STRENGTHS and CHALLENGES related to academic performance, classroom interaction and friendships.
Record these FIVE questions and the teacher-answers in a notebook or on a digital device that you can use every year. Over time, you can track how well your child has improved.
DATE_____________________ TEACHER__________________________ GRADE______
Gain information from teacher about overall behavior, grades, etc. Ask the following questions and take notes.
- Does my child seem to try his/her best? (Is he/she overwhelmed, bored, excited, happy, motivated, need more challenges, stressed, distracted, etc.)
- Does my child play with others? And if so, does he/she play with the same children or with different children most of the time? (Avoids, Mingles, Initiates, Talks, Laughs, Gravitate toward or away from others?
- If you could describe my child in three words… What words come to mind?(1) (2) (3)
- What does my child chose to do during “free” time?(Play with others, Stay seated, Active or Passive Task participation?)
- What are my child’s areas of STRENGTHS that can be reinforced? Best things about how my child learns, behaves and/or interacts with others?